SimpliPhi Power storage solutions utilize lithium ferrous phosphate chemistry – we do not utilize the cobalt based lithium ion chemistry used by other battery manufacturers due to 1) environmental and human abuses in the mining practices for cobalt (Washington Post, 9-30-16); 2) the hazardous characteristics of cobalt oxide that results in overheating, thermal runaway and fire; 3) the exposure to toxic materials at every point along the cobalt supply chain pipeline (extraction to recycling); 4) the short cycle life and longer charge and discharge curves, 5) the inherent risk and additional equipment required to mitigate thermal runaway and safeguard both the internal and external (ambient) temperature of the battery and the installation; 6) the increased weight, size and failure rate of mitigation techniques/equipment for a cobalt based lithium ion battery that undermine the primary advantage of using cobalt: low price & energy density.
Environmentally benign, no cobalt oxides, no risk of thermal runaway or fire.
Robust and enduring performance profile with a proven track record since 2002 in portable and mobile applications, and 2010 in residential and commercial applications with the harshest use-cases and environmental conditions globally.
We are inspired by PHI - the Golden Ratio. Every product we design is in harmony with a greater vision that creates balance between people, planet and profit.
The Golden Ratio is an immutable law of mathematics used to capture relationships and proportion between component parts and the whole, both in nature and the mechanical world.
When adhered to, these golden ratios achieve remarkable balance, symmetry and simplicity and are fundamental principles to our company and the way we design and build our batteries.
Our company name represents what our technology does for our customers, that is, SimpliPhi Power - your power - to create balance and proportion in your relationship with energy.
Power Storage for On-Grid / Off-Grid Applications.
At Home, At Work, or On The Go.
Creating Power Security for Homes and Businesses…
with power storage that interfaces with any generation source:
wind, solar, grid and fuel based generators
- Non-Toxic & Non-Hazardous – No Thermal Runaway
- No Heat Generation, Mitigation, Thermal Monitoring or Cooling Required
- Extended Operating Temperature -4 to 140F
- 98%+ Efficiency Charge & Discharge Rate
- Fast Charge & Discharge Rates – Short & Long Duration in One Battery: 15 Minutes to 2+ Hours
- 10,000 Cycle Life @ 80% Depth of Discharge
- 5,000 Cycle Life @ 100% Depth of Discharge
- 10 Year Warranty – Expected Life 15 to 20 years – Cycle One to Several Times Per Day
- Seamless Compatibility & Integration with All Industry Standard Inverter/Charge Controllers
- Built-In Safety – BMS & 80 Amp Breaker for On/Off Switch During Shipping & Installation
- Modular, Scalable & Proven Performance
- Made in U.S.A.